- The UWeekly Sure-Win Draw is organised by Singapore Press Holdings Limited (address: 1000 Toa Payoh North, News Centre, Singapore 318994) (“SPH” and, together with its related corporations, “SPH Group”) and is open to the first 400 eligible new subscribers of UWeekly who have signed up for the UWeekly Print Subscription (as defined below) on the terms and subject to the conditions set out herein. For the details of the prizes available (the “Prizes”), please see Table A below.
|OSIM uDiva Star Massage Sofa (Glamorous Peach)||$3,299||1|
|Dyson Cyclone V10 Fluffy Vacuum Cleaner||$799||2|
|Dyson Hair Dryer||$599||2|
|Apple Ipad 10.2 WIFI 32GB||$499||1|
|Tefal Air Purifier||$299||2|
|WMF Diadem Plus 4PC Cookware Set||$259||4|
|Recolte Home BBQ Table Cooking Plate||$248||2|
|Klipsch T5 Sports Earphones||$199||1|
|Fuji Instax Mini 9 Marble – Ice Blue||$149||1|
|Mayer Steamboat with Grill||$129||7|
|Fitbit Inspire HR Fitness Tracker||$128||2|
|Philips Induction Cooker with Pot Set||$109||8|
|Klipsch T5M Wired Earphones||$109||1|
|Essano Beauty Gift Hamper||$107.80||35|
|Google Nest Mini||$79||16|
|Pyrex 3pc Snoopy Jar & Mug Set||$59||15|
|Skechers Shopping Vouchers||$30||100|
|One month access to Chinese 3-In-1 All-Digital Package||$29.90||60|
|Dr. Pain 《无痛一身轻》||$24.90||30|
|Uniqlo Gift Card||$20||90|
|Health No. 1 annual subscription||$20||20|
- Persons under the age of 18 will not be eligible to participate in the Sure-Win Draw. This Sure-Win Draw is only open to Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and Employment Pass holders. Sponsors of the Prizes, employees of the SPH Group, its partners, sponsors, retailers, wholesalers, affiliates and members of the immediate families of each of the aforementioned parties are not eligible to participate in the Sure-Win Draw. In order to qualify for this Sure-Win Draw, subscribers (“Eligible Subscribers”) must satisfy the eligibility criteria set out in this paragraph 2:
(a) Signed up for a 1 year subscription to UWeekly print magazine (“UWeekly Print Subscription”) during the period commencing from June 12, 2020 and ending on July 31, 2020 (both dates inclusive) via one of the following channels:
(i) myNEWSSTAND (https://www.mynewsstand.online/product/u-weekly/); or
(ii) contacting SPH Customer Service; or
(b) Purchased the Stay Home with UWeekly Package during the period commencing from April 28, 2020 to June 6, 2020 (both dates inclusive) and signed up for the UWeekly Print Subscription on or prior to July 31, 2020.
- All Eligible Subscribers will be automatically enrolled into the Sure-Win Draw, unless he / she decides to opt out from the Sure-Win Draw in accordance with the process set out below.
- Should Eligible Subscribers wish to opt out of the Sure-Win Draw, they may do so by emailing email@example.com or calling 63191800. Once a subscriber withdraws his or her participation in the Sure-Win Draw, they will not be allowed to re-enrol in the Sure-Win Draw again.
- The Sure-Win Draw to randomly determine the winners of the Prizes will be conducted electronically on 3 August 2020 at 12pm. Each subscriber will be enrolled into the Sure-Win Draw via his or her unique UWeekly Recipient Number. Each participant in the Sure-Win Draw may win a maximum of one (1) Prize.
- The results of the Sure-Win Draw will be published on the Chinese newspapers Lianhe Zaobao, Lianhe Wanbao and Shin Min Daily News on 5 August 2020.
- The winners of the Prizes will be notified by 5 August 2020 via email containing the Prize that they have won and details for collection of the Prize.
- All winners will be notified by 5 August 2020 via email of their Prizes won and the details for collection of their Prize. Should any participant fail to collect his or her Prize by 28 August 2020, his or her Prize will be forfeited. SPH reserves the rights to deal with all uncollected prizes in any manner it deems fit. All winners are required to produce their photo identification documents for identification purposes, and to sign a written statement confirming their eligibility before collecting their prize won. The prizes must be collected in person or through a duly authorised representative. The authorised representative must present a duly completed and signed authorisation letter from the participant, a duly completed and signed a written statement from the participant confirming the participant’s eligibility, and both the participant’s and the representative’s photo identification documents for verification at the point of collection. Each Participant affirms the accuracy of all information provided to SPH and accepts that any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed as material by SPH) shall result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclaiming of any prize won.
General Terms and Conditions
- SPH Group shall not be liable for any direct or indirect claims, actions, demands or complaints, as well as liabilities, judgments, compounds, penalties, losses, costs, damages, expenses, personal injury or death in connection with the Sure-Win Draw and/or any Prize except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). All warranty claims in regards to any prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer or service provider. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions apply to this Sure-Win Draw nor in respect of any of the Prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the Prizes. Any dispute about the quality and condition of the prizes is to be resolved directly with the merchant and SPH is not obliged to assist or act on the participant’s behalf in communicating with the merchant.
- By participating in the Sure-Win Draw, the participant:
(a) agrees to be bound by and to comply with the T&Cs and any amendments, supplements and substitutions which SPH may make, which shall be final and binding on each participant;
(b) agrees that any and all personal data submitted may be collected, used, processed and/or disclosed to SPH Group and the sponsors of the Prizes for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the Sure-Win Draw, to provide goods and services to the participant, to send the participant marketing information on products and services offered by SPH Group or other parties, and for such purposes that the participant may have otherwise given his/her consent to SPH Group;
(c) SPH Group may collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves, the sponsors and their respective service providers, the participant’s personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Materials”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in SPH Group’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Sure-Win Draw, UWeekly or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation;
(d) the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in SPH without further compensation; and
- SPH may, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise any term and condition (including these Terms and Conditions), including, but not limited to, varying the period of this Sure-Win Draw) and/or terminate or withdraw this Sure-Win Draw at any time without prior notice.
- The prizes are provided by third party merchants. SPH Group is not an agent of such merchant and makes no representations or warranties in respect of, and is not responsible for, any information provided by the sponsors of the Prizes, whether on their websites or otherwise. By providing hyperlinks to such sites in promotional materials for the Sure-Win Draw, SPH Group shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend or guarantee the services/products they provide. SPH Group shall in no event be liable for any damage, loss or expense including without limitation, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damage, or economic loss arising from or in connection with any access, use or the inability to access or use the Prizes, or reliance on the information provided by the sponsors.
- This Sure-Win Draw may be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
- Participation in the Sure-Win Draw is subject to the Contests & Lucky Draws Terms and Conditions available at http://sph.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/online-contests/ (“General T&Cs”) and these Terms and Conditions (“Specific T&Cs”) (collectively, “T&Cs”). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, the Specific T&Cs shall prevail to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
- SPH’s decision on all aspects of the Sure-Win Draw shall be final and no verbal or written correspondence, including but not limited to enquiries and appeals, shall be entertained. Any non-compliance with, or breach of, any of the T&Cs may disqualify a participant from the Sure-Win Draw, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash. SPH accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the Prizes. Prizes are subject to availability and SPH has the right to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes without notice to the participants. All Prizes won are subject to terms and conditions as may be imposed by the relevant sponsors sponsoring the Prizes (if any). Images of prizes used in any advertising and marketing material are only representative of the actual prizes and the actual prizes may differ from images shown.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of SPH, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Sure-Win Draw.